Hello and welcome today we have received another, truly wireless earbuds. In looks it is similar to Apple's Airpods but they are Realme Buds Air Neo. Their retail price in Pakistan is Rs. 8,000/- but at this time, on saman.pk there is an ongoing online exclusive from which you can get these earbuds for Rs. 6,000/- which surely is an amazing price. The highlight feature of these earbuds are its great sound quality, and a Super Low Latency Mode which is very interesting but we will talk about this further in the Article. That is all for the intro.
Realme Buds Neo Air comes in this shiny hard-shell plastic case, which looks like Apple's Airpods to a great extent. You can see that if we do a side-by-side comparison. The only difference is, the case of Apple is smaller and more compact in size whereas the case of Realme Buds Air Neo is a little chunky. At the back of the case, "Designed by Realme" is written with a very small font. And at the bottom of the case, there is a micro USB port. It would have been better if there was a USB Type-C port here, because most of phones by Realme comes with USB Type-C. There is an LED on the front of the case which indicates the level of the battery, and also gives indication of pairing mode. There is a button just below the LED. These earbuds goes into pairing mode by long pressing that button. If we talk about the size, the size of the case is very reasonable. and it will fit in your pocket quite easily. The battery is inside the case so, when you will put your earbuds inside the case it will start charging. If we talk about the quality of the case, I liked it. specially keeping in mind the Rs. 6,000/- price point. The earbuds from Apple and Huawei compete around Rs. 30,000/- Where we are talking about its quality, obviously, we will do a click test of this case. You get the same satisfying click in Realme Air Buds Neo which we are used to. And it is due to the magnets in this case. Therefore, when you close it or put the earbuds inside everything gets to its place on their own.
Now let's talk about the design of the earbuds, I liked its size. here, the shape and look is similar to Apple's Airpods, These earbuds are just a little chunkier. The weight of these earbuds is also less 4.1 grams each, when you will put them on in your ears you will not feel any weight, they are designed to put them on and just forget about it. There is no rubber clip in them so they will not sit sealed in your ears. But still they are secure I will show you by doing a head shake how secure they are in your ears. Please don't laugh. As you can see, I shaked my head quite vigorously, but still these earbuds stayed in its place. If you use them during a workout, I am sure there will not be that much of a problem, you will feel that it might fall off, I was also constantly scared while working out, but they never fell off from my ear which is a good thing. Talking about the water resistance, in Realme Buds Air Neo, there is an IPX4 splash resistance. So ,there will not be any issues working out. And it will resist some raining and splashing as well. Let's talk about some specifications of Realme Buds Air Neo. The main specification is that inside these earbuds, there are 13mm drivers. With which, you will get a good bass. If we compare this, in Apple's Airpods there are 11mm drivers whereas in Huawei Freebuds 3 there are 14.2mm drivers. But as I told you before, both of them comes in the price range of Rs. 30,000/-. Moving forward, in Realme Buds Air Neo there is Realme's own R1 chip due to which it will pair with your phone faster, and its connection will be stable.
Now let's talk about the most main feature of this earbuds about which I told you in the intro and that is its Super Low Latency Mode. Latency means that how much time does it take for the sound to reach, from your device to the Air Bud. Obviously the latecy of wired earphones is very low but because here you are using Bluetooth radio waves, having too much latency will make experience of the earbuds, bad. When you will be watching a movie, you will feel that you are receiving the sound, quite late. That is why, if the latency of the Ear Buds is low, it is marketed a lot. And in these earbuds too there is a Super Low Latency Mode which you can activate by long pressing both the earbuds you will hear a sound of a car starting which means that these are now in Super Low Latency Mode and then when you are consuming content or gaming, you will feel that the picture and sound are well synced together. And this, according to me, is the best feature of Realme Buds Air Neo. I have never used any earbuds with this much low latency. Again, if we compare it with some major players, the Huawei Freebuds 3 has a 190ms latency whereas the Apples Airpods has a 178ms latancy but the Realme Air Buds Neo, in the Super Latency Mode has a 119ms latency. And you will feel this while playing games or watching videos.
Here I also found a downside if Realme Air Buds Neo and that was in Super Low Latency Mode you will feel a slight, split second glitch between the right and left earbud where they will slightly skip. Now I do not know that if this an issue for my earbuds or for everyone but I did feel this issue. I tried it with two different phones, I was getting this issue in both of them. But, this is a very minor thing it did not effect my experience in any way. I am telling you this just for full disclosure. But overall I really liked the Super Low Latency Mode and it has enhanced my experience significantly.
Moving forward, there is a Bluetooth 5.0 in Realme Air Buds Neo which will connect your earbuds faster with your phone, and consume less power. It also has a longer range. It is told that its 10m that is 30 feat which means even in a big room, you can leave you device in a corner and can still move around the room quite easily without any issue.
Moving forward, let's talk about the touch sensor of these earbuds, at the back of both the earbuds there are touch sensors which gives you more functionality. By double tapping any if the earbud, you can answer a call, or play/pause the music, by triple tapping, next song, by long pressing any of the earbud, you can end calls, or activate voice assistant. And by pressing both the earbuds together Beast Mode a.k.a Super Low Latency Mode gets activated. Once Realme Air Buds Neo connects with your device, then, whenever you open its lid the phone will automatically reconnect with it. but the single feature missing from these earbuds which should have been there in my opinion, that is Proximity sensor. There are no Proximity sensors in both of these earbuds, so, when you take one out of your ear, your content will not pause automatically. Which, according to me, should have been there in this price range. You do get this feature in the MPOW earbuds. But then again, It is not a big deal, just a minor issue.
Now let's talk about the main thing of this earbuds, and that is how is their sound quality? As I told you before, there are 13mm drivers in this earbuds because of which you get a really great bass. Overall, I really liked their sound quality, sound was very rich and you will also get some treble and some bass too, Even though there is no rubberized in ear tip in them so you will not get that kind of bass which you get with the ones with rubber tips. But still, overall, I really enjoyed the bass. With these earbuds I also did gaming for some time and watched videos, so overall, the experience was very enjoyable. Specially when consider the Rs. 6,000/- price point, at that level, they were performing really well. I would say that, their quality did felt comparable with the premium earbuds. There was no issue with the sound quality,. rather, after the Super Low Latency Mode the sound quality of these earbuds is my second favourite feature.
Moving forward, let's talk about the battery, as I told you, there is a built-in battery in this case Relame claims that the battery of the case would run for 17 hours. Whereas, earbuds will run for 3 hours, on full charge while listening to music, and 1.5 hour while on call. I have seen, in my experience, that brands usually exaggerate a little. Therefore, expect this case to give you around 15 to 16 hour battery life. Whereas earbuds will run for 2 to 3 hours, on a single charge. In any case, you will not have any issue with the battery life. You will get 2 to 3 days easily, on a single charge. Even if you use it full day, it can give you that too. Which is a very good and a standard battery life in my book.
Now, if we move towards the conclusion, then I will start with the things that I did not like. Firstly, there is a micro USB port in it, it should've had a USB Type-C port, according to me. Specially, considering that most of the Realme phones now come with a USB Type -C port. Apart from that, there is no proximity sensor in these earbuds. Which other competitors are offering in this price range. Along with that, a slight glitch in super low latency mode, it is not a big downside, but it would be good if it wasn't present. But if we talk about the things that I really liked about Realme Buds Air Neo first thing is Super Low Latency Mode. In my opinion, this is hands down the main feature as to why you should buy these earbuds. I, personally, have never used such low latency earbuds before. Along with that, I really liked its sound quality as well. And overall, I really enjoyed my content with them. What are your thoughts on Realme Buds Air Neo? So let me know in the comment section. And I also want to know if you would like to buy them or not? That is all for this Article. I hope you liked it. I will meet you in the next One. Goodbye!
a
ReplyDeletea
a
a
a
a
a